The armoured train “Железняков (Zheleznyakov)” stands in front of Sevastopol’s main train station at the junction of ул. Вокзальная (Station St.), ул. Героев Севастополя (Heroes of Sevastopol St.) and ул. Ревякина (Revyakin St.).
The train was built in 1941 and first saw action in November of that year. It operated through the siege of Sevastopol, earning the nickname “The Green Ghost” from the Germans due to its stealth and effectiveness. It was disabled on June 28, 1942, when a Luftwaffe bombing raid demolished a tunnel in which the train was hidden. The Germans managed to recover and repair the train and used it until 1944, when it was blown up as the Red Army retook the Crimean Peninsula. After the war it was restored, and it was installed at its current location in October 1967.