This memorial is dedicated to the pilots of the Baltic Fleet who died during the Great Patriotic War
The inscription on the memorial reads “1941-1945 гг. Светлой памяти воинов авиаторов ДКБФ братской могилой которых стало балтийское море.” In English, this means “Blessed memory to the military fliers of the DKBF whose mass grave was the Baltic Sea.” ДКБФ is an acronym for Дважды Краснознамённый Балтийский флот, signifying that the Baltic Fleet was twice decorated with the Order of the Red Banner.
The monument is situated at the junction of Советский проспект (Soviet Avenue) and Lieutenant Yanalov St. (ул. Лейтенанта Яналова). Советский проспект is one of the main routes from Kaliningrad city centre to the north, so numerous buses, marshrutkas and trolleybuses (#1 & #5) pass the memorial.
More in Kaliningrad: