Place de la Bataille de Stalingrad is a small and fairly nondescript junction in the 19th Arondissement in the northeastern part of Paris. Part of Boulevard de la Villette was renamed Place de Stalingrad in 1945, and the name was changed to Place de la Bataille de Stalingrad in 1993. In 1946, the Metro station Aubervilliers – Boulevard de la Villette was renamed Stalingrad. The square is located at one end of Bassin de la Villette, the largest artificial lake in the city.
There is a small memorial to the battle in the square, but one has to look hard to find it. It’s a small stone that stands (along with similar stones dedicated to the Battles of Verdun and Bir Hakeim) beside a tree between the Rotunda restaurant and the street. There is also a small plaque about the battle on the wall on the platform of the metro station. The Stalingrad metro station is on lines 2, 5 and 7. A few businesses around the square, ranging from a medical biology laboratory to a tattoo and piercing shop, have taken the Stalingrad name.